Bonjour from California! These next couple of weeks will be an amazing journey up the West Coast and I wanted to share my adventures with you.
San Diego is not only a beautiful city but a place that’s always been magical to me. There’s something about the sea air and the laid back lifestyle that I find enchanting. Each day this week my boyfriend and I will be in a new destination, which means a lot of traveling in between. Here’s my San Diego outfit which is perfect for the warm weather but also super comfortable for the long journey ahead. Don’t miss my recommendations for a good time in the city (below).
San Diego Insider List
- Balboa Park – Beautiful Park with lovely walks, monuments and museums inside. Great for a sunny Californian afternoon!
- Sunset Cliffs/Ocean Beach – The cliffs are where the photos from this post were taken, explore the secret beaches and stop to enjoy an unforgettable sunset along the jagged coastline. Make your way down to Ocean Beach (either along the cliffs or by car) and check out the cute shops and watch the surfers from the Ocean Beach Pier.
- Mission Beach/Pacific Beach – Catch some rays! These white sand beaches are both great places to get a tan, go surfing or play some beach volleyball. Afterwards you can head to the boardwalk and grab a snack or a drink to cool down.
- Gaslamp Quarter – Cute neighborhood and the perfect spot to have a nice dinner or enjoy the city nightlife.
- Old Town – An older part of the city where you will find a lot of boutiques selling Mexican goods and gifts as well as some really amazing (and authentic) Mexican restaurants if you head far enough off of the Main Street.
- O.B. Smoothie (Ocean Beach): Best. Açai. Bowls. Ever. Just do it.
- Hodad’s (Ocean Beach): The best burgers in town. Even if the line is down the street the wait is totally worth it, I promise.
- Sara’s Mexican Food (Mission Beach): California Burrito. You haven’t been to San Diego until you’ve had one.
- Extraordinary Desserts (Downtown): Beautifully crafted and delicious desserts, the perfect place to end a day of sightseeing.
- Sushi Ota (Mission Bay): Delicious sushi, the perfect mix of California style and traditional rolls.
- O.B. Noodle House (Ocean Beach): Tasty Chinese food in a laid back setting (amazing happy hour deals as well).
Hope you guys enjoy!